Mr. Sujith Panikkar has a Master’s Degree in Safety, Health and Environment Technology from National University of Singapore, Bachelors in Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering from the University of Kerala, India and is a Certified Functional Safety Expert from TÜV Rheinland, TÜV SÜD and CFSE Board, USA.
He has 30 years of experience in the field of Industrial Automation Systems & products for Oil & Gas, Petroleum Refining, and LNG, downstream petrochemicals industry projects including Distributed Control Systems, Foundation Fieldbus and Safety Instrumented Systems (for ESD / BMS / F&G applications) and Intrinsically Safe hazardous area interfaces.
He has delivered talks at industry seminars and events including:
- APCChe 2012, Singapore – Process Safety Seminar: “Safety Instrumented Systems- A critical Barrier”
- 11th TÜV Rheinland International Symposium: Functional Safety in Industrial Applications May 13 - 14, 2014 in Cologne, Germany: “Preventing Spurious Trips in the Chemical Process Plant: The Role of Functional Safety Management”
- Singapore ICSS Cyber Security Summit 2016: Near-Miss Incidents Analysis In the Chemical
- Process Plant– A Cyber Security Perspective
- IChemE HAZARDS 2016 conference, Singapore – Proof Testing of Safety Instrumented Functions.
- Singapore Safety Case Symposium 2018: SIS Safety Lifecycle Management in the context of Singapore Safety Case Regime
Currently he is a Director and Senior Consultant in Functional Safety and Safety Instrumented Systems at HIMA Consulting Asia Pacific.
9AM - 12.45PM (GMT+8) Morning